Director of Curriculum
Money Experience, Cambridge, MA
Flexible Position (on site and remote), Full Time
At Money Experience, we create products that teach financial literacy in a manner that’s inviting, accessible and enjoyable for all students, including those who may not be comfortable with math. Through a unique blend of storytelling, software simulation and classroom curriculum, we challenge students to imagine their future lives and make choices that support both their financial health and overall well-being. Money Experience is an early-stage start up from an experienced team of successful entrepreneurs.
We are seeking an educator with experience in curriculum design and educational technology at the Higher Ed level to lead the design and implementation of our curriculum products.
- Design high school and college classroom curriculums that teach financial concepts at the level appropriate for each group.
- Design, implement and refine a process for the certification of teachers at client schools
- Complete certification interviews with all Money Experience facilitator candidates.
- Research state standards and support sales team with expanded documentation proving alignments in targeted markets.
- Work with client schools on teacher selection process, ensuring understanding that any facilitator can become comfortable with the curriculum.
- Be the education authority on staff and in PR initiatives
- Represent and promote Money Experience at networking events and conferences
- Test, measure outcomes, and oversee success of classroom curriculum and continuously refine as necessary.
- Work with product team on the development of new product variants for additional audiences, such as military or adults.
- Provide high-quality client service to our edu partners, advising on course implementation for the chosen student body.
- Make recommendations to improve efficacy to calculations and assumptions made in simulator software based on curriculum outcomes and data.
- Work with partner economists to outline implement efficacy initiatives, channeling their expertise into our program success benchmarks.
- Teach classes for high school and college aged kids, on occasion, as necessary.
You know the essential education principles and can apply them to any audience. You are comfortable measuring curriculum success and outcomes, as well as discussing financial concepts. Not only are you at home in front of a class of college or high school students but you also feel comfortable advising and speaking in front of your peers. You enjoy doing research in your field, such as exploring the ins and outs of state standards, as well as learning new skills and collaborating with external experts to channel their knowledge into our process.
Medical, Dental and 401(k).
Position reports to VP Product & Marketing
Please email your resume to email@example.com, with a short note including a reference to this job posting.