Southern University and A & M College, Baton Rouge, LA
On Site, Full Time Position
Southern University Baton Rouge (SUBR) in is looking for an eLearning Director for its Baton Rouge campus. The Director will work under the Associate V. P. for Online Learning Services. The incumbent in this job is expected to assist the campus in achieving its vision to be a globally-recognized leader in providing exemplary online education services. This position is responsible for strategic planning and coordination of the development and delivery of technology enabled learning environments - online, hybrid, blended. Works across the University to build awareness of the uses of technology to improve online learning and identify market opportunities for new online programs. The Director oversees the eLearning Department at SUBR and leads the expansion of online courses and programs delivered wholly or partially online. Works collaboratively with SUBR Colleges and across the departments to develop policies and procedures for quality assurance, programs evaluation and reporting. Makes decisions or recommendations about online delivery that will have a huge impact on all facets of the Colleges. Helps the University move into our competency-based education forward which depends heavily on online delivery and will change the way we offer education.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Directs and coordinates the activities of the eLearning Department; implements strategies to ensure quality online, hybrid, and blended programming; plans and manages departmental budget.
- Leads the development of eLearning strategies that are aligned with the mission and vision of the University; develops a successful model for online and technology enabled learning environments.
- Builds consensus across diverse stakeholder groups- faculty, student services, information technology services, academic services.
- Oversees state, regional, national regulatory environments associated with web and technology enabled learning environments.
- Collaborates with Information Technology Services regarding instructional delivery systems, course development software, support services for faculty and students, and provides recommendations as appropriate.
- Makes presentations to internal and external audiences.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the system office for online services
To apply, please send your application materials to Dr. Moustapha Diack Associate Vice-President for Online Learning Services Southern University System email@example.com