Director of Pedagogy
ellicom Inc., Montreal, Quebec
On Site, Full Time Position
ellicom drives learning in organizations by creating training strategies that stand out for their innovative character, among other things. Driven by research and development, ellicom's dynamic team is looking for open, fearless and team-oriented colleagues who are capable of riding on the same creative wavelength.
ellicom is a successful global company serving government organizations, Crown corporations and Fortune 500 companies, with a multidisciplinary team of more than 80 passionate professionals in Quebec, Ontario and Morocco, including Instructional Designers, Educational Technology Experts, Multimedia Producers, Graphic Artists and Developers. ellicom supports a wide range of organizations of varying sizes and from a multitude of industries through personalized training consulting and exceptional coaching, whether it is a learning strategy or skills improvement challenge.
We are expanding in Canada and internationally and are looking for a dynamic and experienced leader who wants to integrate and grow in creative and challenging work environment where no two days are alike!
- At ellicom, the Director of Pedagogy is a passionate curriculum designer, a lover of all things technology, creative, innovative and a great team player.
- You are a natural leader and consultant, a great listener, and able to design creative and pedagogically-sound learning programs for our clients from the proposal phase through to the delivery of each program. You enjoy coaching and developing others – and you love working with customers.
- You embrace change and new ideas and thrive in a busy and constantly evolving environment.
- We are seeking a fearless leader with a penchant for consulting and an eye for business development – in a modern world, with modern learners – we need fearless thinkers!
- As the Director of Pedagogy, you will:
- Serve as a content specialist and pedagogical expert for the business internally with staff and externally with our clients.
- Conceptualize, develop and articulate vision for our learning products and programs.
- Manage team of talented instructional designers and instructional writers, including project assignment, recruiting, developing and coaching each team member to their full potential.
- Work collaboratively with project management, production, design, development and other teams in the organization to design and deploy high quality learning solutions.
- Support sales by providing program designs and pedagogical rationale at the proposal stage, and present to clients as necessary.
- Conduct research into emerging technologies and help lead R&D initiatives to ensure we stay on the leading edge of instructional design and deployment.
- Publish white papers, write articles on pedagogical topics, and lead internal training and development for our staff.
- Manage competing tasks and deadlines.
- Travel to our offices (Toronto, Morocco) and customer sites as needed
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE….
- 8 to 10 years’ experience in Learning & Development either within a corporate organization and/or in learning firms specifically focused on technology development solutions
- Post-graduate education in business, Human Resources, Adult Learning, Organization Development or equivalent is an advantage
- Inspiring and dynamic leader that will provide direction to a team of talented learning professionals
- Thought leadership and innovative, out-of-the box solutions
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills
- Exceptional consulting and communication skills
- Multiple and complex project and/or program management experience
- Curriculum design skills using instructional design methodologies and leveraging technology
- Business acumen with an understanding of how organizations drive results through their people
- Understanding of modern technology, tools and methods to drive organizational learning
- You are proficient with the Office suite and comfortable using social media in a business context.
- You have excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
Joining the ranks at ellicom means you’ll be working with a multidisciplinary team at a growing tech company. We have an exciting office life, complete with professional challenges and colleagues that are determined to build unforgettable projects. Will you be our next fearless ninja?
ellicom is an equal opportunity employer. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in ellicom.
Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org