GEICO, Chevy Chase, MD
On Site, Full Time Position
Ready you ready to make an impact in eLearning? if so, read on!
GEICO, the nation's 2nd largest and fastest growing auto insurance company, is seeking a talented and experienced e-learning developer to join our eLearning team in our Talent Acquisition & Onboarding Department in Chevy Chase, MD.
We are looking for a developer proficient in instructional design, major authoring tools in developing interactive e-learning and video, adaptive e-learning, simulations; extra points for proficiency with coding, graphic, media design and development.
The ideal candidate will:
- Work independently or with subject matter experts to design, develop and maintain our e-learning courses by performing the following daily functions
- Collaborates with others to design and develop storyboards, graphics, media, and interactions
- Develops engaging multimedia e-learning modules
- Evaluates and maintains e-learning courses in LMS
Preferred Skills and Experiences:
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and other applications to create graphics, animation, audio, video etc. multimedia elements
- Experience creating application demos and simulations using Captivate, Camtasia, Storyline or any other comparable application
- Experience developing applications to track e-learning results and usage with external database (e.g. MS SQL) in LMS and SharePoint environments a plus
- Experience integrating microlearning, personalization, gamification, social elements of e-learning
- A degree in Instructional Design or Instructional/Educational Technology, multimedia production is a plus as well as strong industry knowledge of technology and developments in this field
Required Skills and Experiences:
- Experience in applying instructional design and adult learning principles in training/e-learning
- Proficiency in multiple authoring tools (e.g. Lectora, Storyline, Captivate, Camtasia) to develop interactive multimedia learning modules
- Ability to provide creative and technology solutions to learning requirements
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple projects and meet deadlines and project plans effectively
- Excellent detail-orientation and organizational skills
- Motivated to always keep updated on e-learning design and technologies; ability to learn new software quickly
Salary Information: Salary commensurate depending on skills and experience
Qualified candidates should be prepared to submit their resume and examples of their project/design work (on web preferred) and/or portfolio.
Must be willing and able to relocate or commute. This position is located in our headquarters office in Chevy Chase, MD.
For more information and to apply go to: https://geico.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/elearning-developer-8743