The American Institute of Chemical Engineers, New York City
On Site, Full Time Position
The American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE), founded in 1908, is a professional association of more than 60,000 chemical engineers worldwide. AIChE fosters and disseminates chemical engineering knowledge, supports the professional and personal growth of its members, and applies the expertise of its members to address societal needs and improve the quality of life.
The AIChE Education & Workforce Development team is responsible for the development and implementation of AIChE’s educational offerings, including webinars, public courses, eLearning courses, and in-company training. The team works closely with volunteers to identify relevant educational topics, as well as with subject matter experts to develop courses and implement them at public or company sites.
A successful eLearning Specialist will be responsible for managing the planning, delivery, quality and profitability of AIChE Academy’s eLearning program. The person will also assist the Senior Director of Conferences & Education and Workforce Development and the Manager of Education & Workforce Development in working with select volunteer committees.
- Manage cycle of which courses will be developed/redeveloped/taken down each year – from design to planning to execution
- Manage basic budget, including achievement of eLearning financial objectives
- Hire and manage developers, reviewers, editors and other subject matter experts
- Recruit and manage vendors for external instructional design needs
- Approve and process invoices, create and maintain course level P&Ls
- Coordinate timely creation of eLearning courses in all systems, including LMS, Personify products, webpages, and departmental files
- Work with IT department on LMS choice and maintenance
- Work with Marketing department to devise and implement promotion plan/schedules
- Review attendee evaluation reports and recommend/take appropriate action
- Insure that customer and staff inquiries are responded to and resolved in a timely manner
- BS/BA or commensurate experience required; Chemical Engineering degree desired; education in instructional design desired education in Adult Learning and Training desired
- 3-5 year’s work experience; Project Management, Instructional Design desired; non-profit experience desired
- Ability to work collaboratively with different levels across a matrixed organization as well as with clients, customers, committees, volunteers, and independent contractors/vendors
- Demonstrated experience in eLearning course authoring software; Articulate preferred
- Demonstrated experience in MS Office, with particular emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint required
- Quick learner of in-house software and systems (LMS, CMS, AMS, etc.)
- Strong consultative skills; persuasive communicator
- Ability to manage multiple priorities; deadline driven; self-motivated
Interested candidates may e-mail their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note the title of the position in the subject line of the e-mail.
The American Institute of Chemical Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer.