Faculty Developer/ Instructional Designer
Valencia College, Orlando, FL
On Site, Full Time Position
Salary: $47,722 to $55,477 per year
Join Our Team!
Valencia College is now hiring a Faculty Developer/Instructional Designer to join the Online Learning team.
In this role you will be responsible for serving as an internal consultant to faculty to conceptualize, design, develop, deliver, and assess high quality face-to-face, hybrid, and online courses. You will also partner with campus and college F&ID staff to develop and implement comprehensive, coordinated programs, curriculum, systems and support for faculty and instructional development that promote excellence and innovation in teaching, learning, technology and scholarship.
At Valencia College, it’s more than just a job. We understand the importance of fostering a collaborative environment and achieving a true work/life balance.
Join one of the largest community colleges in Florida, recognized as one of “The Great Colleges to Work For” by The Chronicle of Higher Education, and the inaugural winner of the Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence, take the first steps by completing and submitting an online application for this position. There are plenty of places to find employment, but at Valencia College, you'll find fulfillment.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution or commensurate experience in an academic or training environment
- Progressively responsible experience teaching in a higher education setting or commensurate experience
- Experience in the design, implementation, delivery and assessment of faculty development initiatives and programs
- Experience in instructional design methodologies and course and curriculum design in all modalities (face-to-face, hybrid and online), including learning outcome development and curriculum alignment
- Experience in hybrid and online teaching and/or training
- Experience in the effective use of educational technologies to support teaching and learning
- Experience in curriculum change or instructional design project management
- A demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion
- Here is a complete job description.
Valencia’s Total Rewards package, features:
- Free medical, dental benefits and paid life insurance premiums
- Generous paid time off - vacation leave, sick leave, personal days, spring break, winter break, and other holidays
- Florida retirement membership
- YMCA membership benefits
- Educational and Professional development opportunities for you and your dependents and so much more….
- Moreover, we believe you will appreciate the commitment to work-life balance plus the inspiring, motivating, and teamwork-oriented environment that we enjoy every day.
Closing Date: Wednesday, January 23rd, 2019 at 7:00pm EST.
For more information and to apply, please visit our career site and complete an online application at: https://valenciacollege.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=6001&...