Faculty Development Specialist
Alamo Colleges District, San Antonio, TX
On Site, Full Time Position
FLSA: Exempt, GRADE: S15
Develops, delivers, evaluates and assesses programs and processes that provide faculty development, enrichment and certification.
Reports to HR/OD Instructional Professional Development leadership.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Plans and develops scholarly and creative teaching and learning activities to include developing and conducting training and needs assessments; consulting with department deans, chairs, coordinators, to determine development and general enrichment needs of the faculty; and coordinating and delivering HR compliance and promoting faculty development programs.
- Develops training and faculty development programs by researching topics, viewing and evaluating content materials, and making recommendations. Applies best practices in teaching, instructional design and development and pedagogical theories and process.
- Coordinates specialized training for faculty certification and development. Identifies and evaluates consultants, program facilitators, and faculty leaders to deliver high quality programs. Assesses program success by developing evaluations and maintaining metrics and measures.
- Monitors and evaluates faculty development programs presented by faculty, facilitators, or external experts to ensure the quality of instruction and the achievement of program goals.
- Assists department deans/chairs in resolution of problems related to development and coaches faculty members on development issues that impact classroom delivery and performance. Assists in the facilitation and resolution of faculty matters pertaining to development and performance, including development of training for managers and employees.
- Assists, maintains, and creates learning records, performance evaluation models, and development plans using integrated technology methods and systems.
- Provides faculty training related to Faculty 180, Curriculog, Faculty Development plans and other online/technical and/or software training required for faculty development.
- Creates tools, learning aides, checklists, and development processes and systems that will improve, strengthen and enhance performance for supervisors and diverse faculty populations both in administrative and in classroom environments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree or a combination of relevant experience, education and training that equates to the required degree.
- Three years of experience in a related teaching and learning position.
- Master’s degree. Degree in adult education or a related field.
- Five years of experience in a related teaching and learning position.
- Experience in instructional design.
- Experience in event planning.
- Instructional design and event planning experience a plus.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Must possess and maintain a valid Texas driver license. Must be insurable through the organization’s insurers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of and experience in Human Resources, talent management programs, faculty certifications, instructional design and development and instruction. Knowledge of quality improvement methodologies and theories to include Baldrige framework and criteria. Knowledge of higher education best practices in faculty development programs, training and methodologies. Knowledge of cooperative learning techniques, methods, practices and procedures.
- Skill in the use of a personal computer and related software applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point. Skill in facilitation.
- Ability to communicate effectively with members of district management and faculty and staff regarding development issues. Ability to deliver relevant training, design and professional development to faculty. Ability to maintain effective working relationships with internal and external partners. Ability to exercise independent judgment. Ability to work successfully in a self-directed environment.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None
Work is performed in office environment with no exposure to hazardous or unpleasant conditions. Physical demands are usually limited to sitting or standing in one location much of the time. Some stooping, lifting or carrying lightweight objects may be required.
Security Sensitive: Specific job requirements or physical location of some positions allocated to this classification may render the position security sensitive, and thereby subject to the provisions of section 51.215 Texas Education Code.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Management retains the right to add or change the duties of the position at any time.
For more information and to apply go to: https://www.alamo.edu/about-us/jobs-across-the-alamo-colleges/