Instructional Design Consultant
Bellarmine University, Louisville, KY
On Site, Full Time Position
The Office of Faculty Development of Bellarmine University is seeking an instructional designer to play a vital role in advancing its educational mission and strategic plan by supporting faculty in the development of robust, innovative, experiential, and student-centered digital courses and materials that align with the University's standards of excellence.
The instructional designer will provide consultation and hands-on support to faculty, programs and schools in development and conversion of courses and programs to innovative online and other technology-assisted educational venues, utilizing cutting-edge technologies, creative design, and a variety of strategies for delivery. This individual will be responsible for consulting and working with faculty to create effective, engaging, and dynamic learning materials and environments in Moodle, Bellarmine's learning management system, utilizing appropriate instructional technologies. This will involve curating third-party resources, as well as creating interactive media and activities first-hand, through the use of industry-standard eLearning authoring tools. The instructional designer will also manage the institution's review process for new online courses, as well as other duties and projects as assigned by the Director of Innovative Learning Systems. Outstanding organizational and communication skills are a must, as is expertise in visual communication, digital media, and project management.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline required. Master’s preferred.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, with particular expertise in visual communication and digital media
- Expertise developing innovative, engaging, and accessible educational materials and experiences for electronic delivery; examples of work will be required
- Experience applying knowledge of instructional design theory and best practices
- Expertise with eLearning authoring tools, media production hardware and applications, and best practices in accessible course design
- Experience developing courses within a learning management system
- A demonstrated aptitude for team-based project management
- Experience assessing the quality of eLearning courses or instructional materials, utilizing industry standards such as Quality Matters
For more information and to apply go to: https://bellarmine.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=107389