Instructional Design Librarian
The University of Alabama Libraries, Tuscaloosa, Alabama USA
On Site, Full Time Position
The University of Alabama seeks a proactive, team-oriented, and innovative person to serve as Instructional Design Librarian. The ideal candidate will have the ability to work collaboratively and creatively with Libraries faculty and University faculty to plan, develop, and deliver library instruction and provide instructional design support to University faculty. Reporting to the Coordinator of Creative Media and Instructional Design within Gorgas Information Services, the Instructional Design Librarian will participate proactively in the department’s priorities and initiatives and will also engage in professional activities
- Serve as a librarian supporting faculty, staff, and students through library instruction and research services
- Support University faculty as an instructional design specialist.
- Develop and support training activities for best practices in instructional technology
- Collaborate with our Web Technology and Development unit to help librarians create and design active learning environments, multimedia content, and digital learning objects.
- Work with faculty to help integrate research-based information resources into Blackboard.
- Masters in Library / Information Science from an ALA accredited program OR Masters in Ed. Tech, I.D., Education, or a related field.
- Academic library experience
- 2-3 years of professional experience in an educational environment
- Experience / expertise with relevant academic and instructional design technologies, including but not limited to: Camtasia, Captivate, Articulate 360, Blackboard Learn or an equivalent LMS
- Online teaching experience
- Experience in the systematic design of instruction for online, blended/hybrid and/or traditional courses.
- Familiarity with WCAG 2.0 guidelines for interactive and video content.
Prior to employment the successful candidate must pass a pre-employment background investigation
SALARY/BENEFITS: 12-month non-tenure-track, renewal contract faculty appointment at the assistant professor rank. Salary is $52,000 – $60,000 commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applications received by February 1, 2019 are assured of receiving full consideration.
The University of Alabama is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is strongly committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. Applicants from a broad spectrum of people, including women, members of ethnic minorities and disabled persons, are especially encouraged to apply.
Applications are accepted online only via facultyjobs.ua.edu. Direct link to this posting here: https://bit.ly/2T24UwM