Kaiser Permanente School of Medicine, Pasadena, CA
On Site, Full Time Position
- Proactively consult with subject matter experts to identify and formulate learning objectives and content.
- Develop Instructional Design materials, including course goals, learning objectives, evaluation and assessment processes, and module content, with teaching methodologies appropriate for e-learning.
- Use an iterative instructional design process to draft storyboards and prototypes, and guide faculty in the ongoing development and refinement of course content and reference materials.
- Share best practices along the education continuum (UME, CME and GME) through collaboration with other institutions.
- Identify new strategies, and the necessary resources, tools, and equipment, for production, post-production, and delivery of learning materials.
- Develop course content within learning management systems.
- Design interactive content/experiences with case-authoring tools (e.g., Captivate, Articulate).
- Adapt instructional materials created for one format to another format (e.g., help convert analog to digital).
- Create media to support learning (e.g., visual aids for in-person teaching, and various multimedia materials for e-learning and online material).
- Serve on relevant KPSOM committees.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience working with teams and consulting subject matter experts to assess and develop content to meet learning needs.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in education or related field.
- Additional Requirements:
- Proficiency with instructional design tools such as learning project plans, design documents, learning hierarchies, storyboards, prototypes, etc.
- Ability to clearly and succinctly convey learning content in a manner that engages learners and encourages retention of material.
- Ability to apply adult learning principles and methods.
- Proficiency and experience in industry standard tools such as authoring tools, as well as digital, graphics media, audio, animation, and video production tools, to create impactful modules and courses.
- Proficiency with learning management systems, and curriculum management systems.
- Ability to bridge technological platforms for the purpose of content creation and assessment.
- Ability to evaluate the effectiveness of learning materials.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficiency in applying instructional design theory, models, and best practices.
- Experience in a higher education setting.
For more information and to apply go to: KPcareers.org/schoolofmedicinejobs