Eastern Washington University, Cheney, WA
On Site, Full Time Position
This position reports to Eastern Washington University’s Lead Instructional Designer for Eastern Online. Instructional designers work as part of a team to design and develop online and hybrid courses offerings for Eastern Online. Instructional designers provide course and program instructional design and delivery expertise for the development and support of academic courses for traditional and online classrooms using instructional technology. Instructional designers perform project management duties, and are responsible for coordinating and tracking of online and hybrid course design and development processes. Additionally, instructional designers are responsible for developing, producing, and conducting professional training in a variety of areas, including instructional design, instructional technologies and learning management systems. Instructional designers may also be tasked with facilitating discussions related to Eastern Online.
Eastern Washington University offers a highly competitive compensation package, including market-based salary and excellent benefits.
EWU expands opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning.
- Master’s degree in instructional design, educational technology/instructional technology from a regionally accredited university and at least 3 years professional work experience in Instructional Design or equivalent education and years of work experience, supporting higher education faculty in instructional design
- Experience with the Quality Matters Rubric
- Demonstrated proficiency with learning management systems and instructional technologies
- Demonstrated knowledge of emerging technologies related to improving teaching and learning
- Working knowledge of ADA compliance, Fair Use guidelines, and TEACH Act
- Experience working with a team, and establish professional and collegial relationships with co-workers, faculty and staff
- Excellent written, oral listening and interpersonal communication skills
- Candidate must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency, universal accessibility and/or diversity.
- Two years’ Face-to-face, hybrid and online teaching experience at college or university level is highly preferred
- 5 years professional work experience in Instructional Design
- Proficiency with the Canvas Learning Management System
- Experience in instructional design in a higher education environment
- Knowledge of media design and development strategies and technologies
- Demonstrated mastery of or certification in the Quality Matters Rubric instructional design model, and recognized instructional design best practices
For more information and to apply go to: https://jobs.hr.ewu.edu/postings/3900. Application Deadline: 09/13/18 at midnight.