The University of Akron, Akron, Ohio
On Site, Full Time Position
The University of Akron is seeking a dynamic, innovative, and service-oriented individual to assist our Senior Instructional Designers in providing a systematic method for planning, developing, evaluating, and managing the instructional process effectively to ensure competent performance.
- Work closely with a senior designer to identify instructional problems and specify goals for designing an instructional program.
- Perform task analyses related to instructional goals.
- Work with University faculty and subject liaisons in University Libraries to support instructional goals.
- Build instructional objectives, and sequence content within each instructional unit to promote logical learning.
- Design instructional strategies and evaluation instruments.
- Specify instructional delivery modes to support instruction and learning activities.
- Assist the instructional development team in integrating the instructional design components into the instructional delivery activities.
- Assist the assessment and evaluation group to develop assessments that are congruent with the evaluation components and the related objectives.
- Assist the Senior Instructional Designer with the summative evaluation of all projects to ensure that instruction is designed, developed, and produced according to the design specifications to produce efficient and effective learning.
- Knowledge of numerous established instructional design methodologies;
- Ability to work independently and to collaborate effectively across instructional units;
- Experience developing outreach materials and services, such as training materials, workshops, conferences, and other instructional tools;
- Ability to set and adjust priorities in a dynamic and changing environment, and accept new challenges to realize departmental goals.
For complete position details, visit: https://www.higheredjobs.com/clickthru/redirect.cfm?JobCode=176826011