Southern Arkansas University, Magnolia, AR
On Site, Full Time Position
- Collaborate with faculty on course design, development, and instructional design;
- Guide the selection and development of instructional strategies for online and hybrid environments and recommend appropriate learning tools to achieve course objectives;
- Develop, coordinate, and facilitate faculty training sessions/workshops based on individual or group needs that enhance the teaching and learning experience in online or hybrid courses;
- Derve as the institutions representative and trainer for Quality Matters;
- Conduct course reviews and provide faculty ongoing feedback and assistance to meet Quality Matters standards for online/hybrid courses at an acceptable level;
- Advise faculty in effectively developing and implementing instructional technology using research based on practices in online and hybrid courses;
- Educate and assist faculty to ensure digital course materials, multimedia projects, and instructional technology are compliant with current standards of the Americans with Disabilities Act;
- Assist university in remaining in compliance with Distance Education regulations and policies;
- Maintain knowledge of new and emerging technologies, research methodologies, and curricular practices in the field of online learning and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in Educational Technology, Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Curriculum Design or related field preferred;
- At least two years’ experience in instructional design and training;
- Minimum of one year experience in higher education in an instructional technology/instructional design role;
- Previous experience in the development of educational applications and projects and assisting educators in using technology to enhance teaching;
- Excellent writing and presentation skills;
- Knowledge of computer hardware, software, and web resources, course development and use of a learning management system; ability to work independently.
All SAU faculty and staff demonstrate a commitment to inclusion and diversity of the University community and excellence in interpersonal behaviors and effective collaboration with colleagues. Joining the SAU family requires a commitment to our culture of Continuous Quality Improvement.
Interested individuals should send a letter of interest, resume and contact information of three (3) references to HR@saumag.edu.