The George Washington University, Washington DC
On Site, Full Time Position
The person hired for this position will possess a high degree of knowledge about instructional design theories, the rapidly improving understanding of human learning, and advances in hardware and software that can be used to improve teaching and learning as well as the production of modern online media, e.g., video recording.
The Instructional Designer will:
- Collaborate with faculty and other stakeholders to design, develop, and support high-quality online, hybrid and on-campus courses.
- Collaborate with faculty members in creating course goals and measurable learning objectives.
- Implement instructional concepts to build digital materials that promote active learning.
- Assist faculty in developing assessment measures to evaluate the instructional effectiveness of design approaches.
- Review existing online courses to identify and suggest design revisions to promote active learning.
- Support faculty with the integration of learning technologies in their instruction, and deliver faculty development workshops.
- Provide consultations to faculty members on course design and course revisions.
- Evaluates online courses for compliance using the Quality Matters Rubric.
- Assists with project management to include maintaining accurate records and updating project management software.
- Perform other duties related to the support of teaching and learning within Libraries and Academic Innovation.
For more information and to apply go to: https://www.gwu.jobs/postings/56131