GEICO, Chevy Chase, MD
On Site, Full Time Position
Would you like to join our innovative team? If so, read on!
GEICO’s Corporate Management Training and Development Department is looking for a motivated and talented Instructional Designer with a background in management training and development to join our team.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
As an Instructional Designer you will work with subject matter experts to design and develop training that translates proven leadership concepts and theories into learnable behaviors that support the development of our management team countrywide. You will create interactive video and live, instructor and distance-learning based training with support materials such as a job aids, self-study resources, facilitator/participant guides, and learner evaluation tools. You will work closely with various departments to ensure successful implementation and follow up of training modules and curriculums.
- Meet with appropriate parties to complete training needs assessments and task analysis
- Present ideas to stakeholders from various departments and solicit/incorporate feedback to make necessary changes
- Build modules that can be trained individually and as a part of a larger curriculum
- Identify and create methods for evaluating effectiveness of training materials and make appropriate changes
- Provide feedback and suggestions to the Management Development Team for improvement and remedial training where needed
Ready to make an impact? If so, do you meet these qualifications?
- BS/BA degree in instructional design, education technology or similar
- Certification in Instructional Design a plus
- Background in management is a plus
- 3 years working experience in instructional design and development
- Experience designing training specifically for management
- Experience using development tools/software (Captivate, Storyline, Articulate, LMS)
- Experience developing for various training environments (classroom, virtual, eLearning)
- Experience in leading projects and collaborating with team members in-house and via teleconference
- Proven ability in applying instructional design methodologies (ADDIE, SAM)
- Proven ability working with tight deadlines and in a fast-paced environment
Salary Information: Commensurate with experience
Must be willing and able to commute or relocate. This position is located in our Chevy Chase, MD office.
For more information and to apply go to: https://geico.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/instructional-designer-8082