Tulane University School of Professional Advancement
New Orleans, LA
Flexible Position (on site and remote), Full Time
The Instructional Designer leads the design, development, and redesign of interactive online courses using a variety of digital resources to include software, hardware, data, multimedia, videoconferencing, and collaboration tools. All course materials are produced within the Canvas LMS and instructional materials must be ADA compliant. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to managing the planning and technical implementation of online course development within the institution’s learning management system (Canvas); identifying software applications, hardware, and other technologies necessary for the production of media rich online courses; working collaboratively with faculty and staff to design online learning activities using existing course learning objectives, materials, and instructor/textbook content; directing and creating multimedia elements for online learning modules; developing technical documentation for online course development; conducting quality control checks of online courses; and providing faculty support, training, and mentoring to faculty developing online courses.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in instructional design, educational technology, instructional technology, training and development or related field.
- Two years of work experience in online education such as online course development and online course assessment.
- Demonstrated experience with multimedia applications used to create interactive instructional materials, simulations, and learning objects such as Adobe Creative Cloud, Adobe Captivate, Audacity, Camtasia, Office Mix and related software.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES/COMPETENCIES TYPICALLY NEEDED TO PERFORM THIS JOB SUCCESSFULLY:
- Demonstrated ability to utilize instructional technologies to design, develop, and manage online or blended instruction.
- Knowledge of current and emerging technologies for online teaching and learning.
- Proficiency with streaming audio and video, compression methods, file types, and formats.
- Knowledge of learning management tools such as Canvas and online conferencing software (e.g. Zoom).
- Understanding of media products for use in online courses, including video, audio podcasts, and graphics.
- Master’s degree in instructional design, instructional technology, curriculum design or related field.
- At least 5 years of experience teaching in online education.
- Experience with learning management tools such as Canvas and online conferencing software (e.g. Zoom).
Tulane is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.
For more information and to apply go to: https://jobs.tulane.edu/position/IRC15897