Samsung Electroncis America, Ridgefield Park, NJ
On Site, Full Time Position
If you have ambitions to be a part of a Best in Class organization, the Samsung’s Retail Operations Team is the place to be. We continue to grow our market share by providing the most Innovative products on the market, and our dedication to Market Disruption makes this the destination company for the world’s top talent.
The dynamic culture at Samsung offers both great challenge and great reward. If you want to work among the very best talent in the industry, working on the most innovative products in the world, Samsung is the place to be. We are looking for a highly creative, driven and collaborative learning and instructional designer who will thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a top-tiered global company.
This position will provide instructional design for Retail Training support. You will develop instructor-led and web-based training courses, manuals, job aides, certification programs and eLearning solutions. This role will coordinate with SME’s for the implementation and delivery methodology of customer-specific training needs. Individual contributor that is fully proficient in applying established standards based on knowledge acquired from many years of experience in instructional design.
General work direction is given and completed assignments and/or work is reviewed to ensure compliance with processes, standards and policies of the organization.
Role and Responsibilities
- Coordinate, design and implement training and education plans to drive sales at retail.
- Responsible for all facets of curriculum development including program management, needs assessment, design and development, and working with facilitators to ensure successful implementation within retail sales field environment.
- Construct measurement plans and implement in support of curriculum launched.
- Collaborate with team members and subject matter experts to produce accurate and meaningful training materials.
- Continually look for opportunities to improve training quality through various training initiatives and processes.
- Applies advanced technical knowledge of departmental principles and procedures.
- Performs work within company and regulatory guidelines. We are looking for:
- Creative: creating engaging content for training documentation
- Collaborative: Ability to work closely with SMEs to understand what is needed to drive success and in a timely manner
- Adaptable: ability to switch gears due to the demand of the business in order to meet new deadlines
- Thorough: ability to condense content in a concise and understandable format for audience
Skills and Qualifications
- Instructional design experience supporting retail/sales, including e-learning and rapid design principles; or combined work experience and education
- Understand models of design (ADDIE); virtual facilitation tools (WebEx); content management systems; and learning management systems
- Experience with e-Learning authoring tools such as Storyboard and/or Adobe Captivate
- High School Diploma or equivalent with 10+ years of directly related experience or Bachelor's Degree with 5-8 years of experience is required
- Bachelor's degree in Adult Learning, Instructional Design or a related field preferred
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate brings superior executional ability to drive out content and material with accuracy in a timely fashion to impact our retail partnership.
- Expert proficiency with Articulate Storyline, Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Adobe Design Premium, including Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Experience in Captivate, Flash, HTML5, Adobe Acrobat X Pro a plus
This role is based in Ridgefield Park, NJ, travel approximately 20%.
For more information and to apply go to: https://sec.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Samsung_Careers/job/85-Challenger-Rd-Ridgefield-Park-NJ-USA/Instructional-Design-Professional_R7990