Alamo Colleges District, San Antonio, TX
On Site, Full Time Position
Provides instructional design expertise for the development and support of traditional and online e-earning courses. Assists faculty in the design of lessons and instructional modules, development of learning resources, and retooling of courses and course segments for traditional and electronic delivery. Consults with faculty, administrators, and instructional staff on design, development and evaluation of instructional programs, materials, methods, student support systems, teaching and assessment techniques, and on the construction of evaluation programs and studies to promote effective teaching and learning through formative and summative evaluation procedures, data sources, quality matters, and instruments.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- In collaboration with faculty, analyzes instructional goals and objectives and timelines, to design, develop, and implement courses according to accepted instructional design principles, current research, and accessibility guidelines.
- Collaborates and communicates with faculty on selection of appropriate instructional technologies, delivery strategies, and pedagogy.
- Plans, develop and delivers faculty and staff development workshops. Supports faculty and staff in the use of instructional technologies.
- Supports the ongoing assessment and measurement of instructional effectiveness for all existing and future coursework.
- Revises and updates current training materia12:18:57ls according to system and design changes.
- Provides leadership on and assists with various projects for a team of educational designers and specialists; works as a professional team member on shared projects. Manages multiple projects/timelines and communicates frequently and effectively with various project collaborators to ensure that goals and objectives are being met.
- Researches, evaluates and integrates new and emerging educational technologies for improving teaching and learning within online courses.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or a combination of relevant experience, education and training that equates to the required degree.
- Four years of job-related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in instructional design, educational technology, computer science, communications or a related field.
- Six years of job related experience.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of learning theory, instructional design, and related software.
- Knowledge of training curriculum and conducting workshops.
- Skill in oral/written communication and human relations.
- Ability to design instructional materials for a multimedia environment and to use computer technology.
Work is performed in an office environment with no exposure to hazardous or unpleasant conditions. Physical demands are usually limited to sitting or standing in one location much of the time. Some stooping, lifting or carrying objects of light weight may be required.
Specific job requirements or physical location of some positions allocated to this classification may render the position security sensitive, and thereby subject to the provisions of section 51.215 Texas Education Code.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Management retains the right to add or change the duties of the position at any time.
For more information and to apply go to: https://www.alamo.edu/about-us/jobs-across-the-alamo-colleges/