The American College, Bryn Mawr, PA
On Site, Full Time Position
The American College of Financial Services is accepting applications for the positions of Instructional Designer within the Product and Innovation department. The successful incumbents will provide instructional design expertise and technical support in the application of educational design and delivery methodologies, ensuring effective use of available techniques in creating and updating learning/course materials. Reporting to the Director, Instructional Design & Technology, this is a mid-level professional position and serve as expert resources to College faculty in the creation of new and revised learning materials. The Instructional Designers also assist the Director in exploring emerging technologies of benefit to The College and its educational programs.
- Designer Duties & Responsibilities:
- Act as a consultant to College faculty members to apply instructional design technologies and techniques in the development of new course/learning materials.
- Serve as an expert on instructional design methodologies, continuously monitoring the latest innovations, best practices, and industry trends in the field and the performance of new products.
- Assist in program redevelopment efforts, guiding faculty and other departmental resources through the entire effort, including organizing meetings, project plans, and helping to coordinate other College resources needed to complete the project.
- Conduct and lead faculty demonstrations in an effort to showcase instructional tools and materials being developed by the department.
- Provide guidance and assistance to faculty in the use of technology, instructional software, and effective uses of instructional materials.
- Manage and plan periodic course revisions, coordinating resources across multiple departments to ensure timely delivery of updated materials.
- Design, develop, and implement instructional materials using various tools and delivery methodologies for the College and external clients, as needed.
- Advise and assist faculty in revising and updating course/learning materials.
- Monitor performance of project teams against work plans, as assigned.
- Evaluate product/service technology support requirements.
- Assess product requirements in light of current capabilities/needs to determine delivery feasibility.
- Facilitate ongoing conversations regarding ways to improve the student experience.
- Collaborate with Digital Media to improve the College’s video offerings.
- Analyze and create student survey questions to collect critical data on our students and their usage characteristics.
- Communicate and coordinate with external vendors to ensure project plans and deliverables meet the needs of the department, the College, and external clients.
- Perform quality assurance reviews of newly created courses to ensure accuracy and functionality.
- Assist in training other departments in educational technologies that deal with student services.
- Working with the Director of Instructional Design, continuously monitor and investigates new and existing learning techniques and products, analyze educational technology trends, and reports on the latest innovations in the use and delivery of online learning.
- Research emerging industry trends, the latest instructional tools, relevant studies, and current data to guide and drive the future of the department.
- Research and evaluate the potential use of innovative eLearning tools and give recommendations to provide the best solution based on the educational need.
- Support or provide back-up to the Instructional Technologist and Blackboard LMS Administrator as needed.
- Support Instructional Technology in educating faculty on the capabilities and uses of The College’s learning systems technologies.
- Create new courses in Blackboard based on enrollments, setting up the necessary tools and features to ensure students receive immediate access to course materials.
- Upload webinar archives to their respective courses in a timely manner to ensure student access to sessions and materials.
- Bachelor’s degree with 3-4 years of progressive experience in Instructional Design systems design and development, including multi-media systems, voice, and data communications technologies, and management of technical workgroups. A Master of Science degree in Instructional Design preferred.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with College faculty, staff, corporate clients, and vendors.
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Working knowledge of the Blackboard Learning System as well as general systems design methodologies, multi-media technologies, IT practices/trends in the financial services industry and College operating policies.
The College offers:
- Competitive pay and benefits
- A culture that places top priority on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence
- Encouragement to continue development and knowledge share
The American College of Financial Services is committed to applying financial education through teaching, research, and innovation in program delivery and design. As a nonprofit, accredited education institution, our courses are researched and written by a faculty of the nation’s top thought leaders in personal finance. Our goal is to provide a rigorous, science-based professional and premium quality education to financial advisors. More than 200,000 financial services professionals have learned and honed their craft here. Currently located in Bryn Mawr, PA, The College will move to our new location in King of Prussia in the Spring of 2019. To learn more visit The American College
In policy and practice, we encourage diversity and provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job. We are committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias.
For more information and to apply go to: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=1061...