National Association of State Procurement Officials (NASPO), Lexington, Kentucky
Flexible (on site and remote), Full Time Position
This position may work remotely.
REPORTS TO: Director of Learning Solutions
SUMMARY: The National Association of State Procurement Officials (NASPO) seeks an Instructional Designer to assist in the creation and implementation of e-learning courses through NASPO’s professional development program Procurement U.
This position is benefits eligible. NASPO offers its employees a highly competitive benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, as well as 401K. Employees also enjoy a generous amount of personal leave, paid holidays and a flexible work schedule, all in a casual and friendly work environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Completes all phases of instructional design including analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation for e-learning courses and modules within the Procurement U learning management system.
- Effectively collaborates and consults with subject matter experts and other instructional designers to design, develop, and deliver online and blended learning courses.
- Participates in analysis and measurement of project outcomes as related to training and instructional design.
- Determines storyboards and design approaches for written, visual, and audio subject matter.
- Reviews and troubleshoots courses and training materials.
- Conceptualizes, designs, and produces graphics for courses and training materials using software tools such as Adobe, Flash, and Illustrator.
- Assists in the creation and implementation of policies and strategies for instructional development support.
- Remains knowledgeable of best practices, strategies, tools and trends in professional development and online learning.
- Assists in the administration of the Procurement U learning management system including course deployment, user account management, troubleshooting, and issue resolution.
- Assists in tracking and analyzing LMS usage.
- Supports pre-event, on-site, and post-event logistics of instructor-led training programs.
- Attends conferences, conference calls, and meetings as required.
- Assists in determining curriculum aligned with the strategic goals of Procurement U.
- Provides excellent customer service to association members.
- Attends committee calls; performs assigned administrative tasks.
- Communicates and collaborates regularly with supervisor and other staff.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
Education, training and/or experience:
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in eLearning, instructional design, instructional technology, or related field. Master’s degree preferred but not required.
- One to three years of professional experience developing instructional courses, training materials or creating online content. Prior association experience preferred but not required.
Skills, knowledge and abilities:
- Creativity and the ability to effectively work with a team to conceptualize and develop an instructional product.
- Project management skills; highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to manage time and complete project goals on deadlines, with or without direct supervision.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well individually and in a team environment.
- Strong customer service orientation and commitment to association values.
- Required knowledge of e-learning programs and proven experience using LMS technologies.
- Technical aptitude with proven skills and knowledge of Adobe Captivate, Articulate Storyline or another authoring tool.
- Technical aptitude with proven skills and knowledge of LMS and SCORM practices.
- Knowledge of adult learning principles; prefer experience in developing educational programs for adult professionals and with technologies for delivering educational content.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- This position would ideally be located in the Lexington office but there is the possibility for this position to be remote. Professional, business casual dress is required in an office environment. Travel to attend conferences is necessary.
- Physical Demands (including bending, sitting, lifting and driving)
- This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, carry 25 pounds, open filing cabinets and bend, reaching or standing as necessary.
- Design – Generates creative solutions; translates concepts and information into images; uses feedback to modify designs; applies design principles; and demonstrates attention to detail.
- Project Management – Develops project plans; coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget; and manages project team activities.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; and participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; and able to read and interpret written information.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; and develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; and follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity; and works quickly.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; and able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; and completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas; and presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For more information and to apply go to: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=dd97d4bc-8a69-45c4-8295-cc3c3fa045a6&jobId=236348&lang=en_US&source=CC3&ccId=19000101_000001