DANB and The DALE Foundation, Chicago, IL
On Site, Full Time Position
Who You Are
We are looking for a motivated and conscientious Instructional Designer who is ready to jump in and take the lead on multiple initiatives. In this role, you will manage several critical areas including developing, maintaining and reviewing online education; and overseeing the Learning Management System (LMS) and related outputs.
To succeed in this role, you will have strong communication skills, analytical skills and excellent attention to detail. You will need technical knowledge along with planning and organizing skills and superb problem-solving skills.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design and/or Instructional Technology or related field
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience developing online education; dental or related field preferred
- Belong to one or more related professional associations
- Experience with LMS
- Experience with online education
Who We Are
We are two related nonprofit organizations with shared staff (that is, many staff working for both organizations, but with just one supervisor) located in Chicago’s River North neighborhood. We provide professional development opportunities for dental assistants and other dental auxiliaries, such as testing, professional certification and online education; we also conduct research to promote the profession and public health. We are a small, friendly office that is driven by our related public protection missions. We offer work/life balance with a 37.5-hour work week, plus benefits including health insurance, flexible benefits reimbursement, professional development assistance, generous vacation/PTO, 401(k) matching and more.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- A Development, Maintenance and Review/Update/Repurpose of Online Education (35%)
- Work collaboratively with the DALE Foundation team and subject matter experts (SMEs) to create interactive online educational products to advance the dental team. Responsibilities include:
- Identify, engage and communicate with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs)
- Work with DALE Foundation staff and SMEs to apply instructional design theories, practice and methods, and principles of adult learning theory (e.g., Bloom’s Taxonomy, Knowles’ andragogy) to create engaging asynchronous online learning for delivery via a learning management system (LMS)
- Conduct triennial reviews of online education resources, and incorporate revisions recommended by SMEs and/or staff as appropriate, to ensure that the resources are meeting standards and criteria set forth by the American Dental Association (ADA) Continuing Education Recognition Program (CERP) and the Academy of General Dentistry (AGD) Program Approval for Continuing Education (PACE) program
- Develop, document and implement standard operating procedures related to DALE Foundation educational products, including conducting regular reviews of e-learning products and course and assessment content to ensure accuracy of information, working links and graphics, etc.
- Collect and combine course comments and edits from internal staff and SMEs, and update courses as needed, in between triennial reviews required by ADA-CERP or AGD-PACE
- Provide staff support to the DALE Foundation’s Educator Outreach Task Force, Policy Committee and other committees of the Board, at the direction of and in consultation with the Director, Education
- Assist the Marketing and Communications department in drafting written marketing materials for DALE Foundation website
- Oversee Learning Management System and Related Outputs (35%)
- Manage day-to-day responsibilities related to the delivery of online education resources via the LMS
- Monitor, troubleshoot and address user issues, including course access and course distribution; continuously improving the learner experience from the user perspective
- Track and document known technical issues related to the delivery of DALE Foundation online education and collaborate with learning management system vendor and IT staff as needed to resolve issues with course access or navigation
- Utilize custom online learning tools available through learning management system and, as needed, utilize course development software (e.g. Articulate 360, Adobe Captivate) to develop online learning products
- Analyze learning management system trends and data, tracking learner interaction and assessments; use data analysis to improve DALE Foundation products
- Review learner/educator/employer needs assessments results or other data and make recommendations for new and/or repurposed products or services development or opportunities for additional research
- Additional Duties (30%),
- Participate in team meetings to discuss the status of ongoing projects; participate in the project planning process
- Develop online training and promotional tutorials to aid learners in navigating the DALE Foundation web site, learning management system, DALE Foundation products and other resources as needed
- Develop online training on the LMS to DANB and DALE Foundation staff (e.g., new staff member on-boarding, any professional development appropriate for in-house development) in coordination with the HR Manager
- Perform other duties as assigned
Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com to apply for this role.