Pacific Life Insurance Company, Lynchburg, VA
On Site, Full Time Position
Pacific Life is currently looking for a talented Instructional Designer to join their Life Insurance Division. The Life Insurance Division is one of Pacific Life’s core business units, which focuses on giving families and businesses the life insurance coverage needed to help meet important financial protection, wealth accumulation, and wealth preservation goals. Our employees are among the most valuable resources to our clients, and are recognized industry-wide for the World Class Service they provide.
- Conduct needs assessments and job analysis to determine training needs. Define instructional goals/objectives and select appropriate delivery methods.
- Design and build interactive learning experiences (eLearning and instructor led) using a variety of training methods and reinforcement strategies (e.g., case studies, stories, small group activities, games, simulations, eLearning, etc.).
- Create trainers’ guides, participant materials, visuals, job aids, etc. and facilitate sessions.
- Create and implement appropriate project documents, task plans, timelines, and schedules.
- Work with project team, subject matter experts, and key stakeholders to ensure effective communication.
- Implement and manage learning deliverable approvals as appropriate.
- Design and implement training evaluation strategies to measure learning outcomes and business impacts. Analyze and distribute data appropriately.
- Collaborate with business units to establish technical specifications and determine subject material to be developed into SOPs, job aids, process maps and/or training material.
- Observe operational processes and production to gain knowledge and expertise needed to support the delivery of SOPs
- Organize material and complete SOPs according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Execute copy, editing and quality assurance reviews for accuracy and thoroughness.
FACTORS FOR SUCCESS:
- Combination of 5+ years instructional design and/or training content development required.
- Demonstrates proficiency in Articulate 360 and Microsoft Office.
- Experience with other software and tools to support instructional design (ie:Camtasia, Adobe Illustrator, Captivate)
- Requires demonstrated knowledge of instructional design theory, adult learning principles, and instructor-led delivery skills.
- Must possess excellent writing skills.
- Life insurance industry acumen related to products, marketing, distribution, sales designs, regulations and/or administration is preferred.
- Must be able to plan and manage time effectively to meet project deadlines.
- Must be comfortable working in an environment of change.
- Ability to work effectively with employees at all levels within the organization is also required.