ISPE, Rockville, MD
On Site, Full Time Position
This position uses instructional design methodologies to create and develop the Society’s learning programs and services, and to manage the delivery and content of the Society’s asynchronous eLearning products. It assists the Director of Educational Training with improving the performance of learning programs & service to enhance the learner experience.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Course design and development
- Adhere to Instructional Design methodologies such as ADDIE or SAM, while implementing cognitive theory approaches.
- Assist Subject Matter Experts (SME) in assessing needs, developing learning and design objectives, and identifying appropriate delivery methods and materials to address needs, including courses, videos, job aids, etc.
- Conceptualize and design course storyboards by rapidly prototyping (organizing graphics, creating learning objects, documenting course development and animations) in order to translate content into relevant and effective learning experiences. Review and revise storyboards and content in collaboration with SMEs. Ensure content meets objectives.
- Work effectively with high-level SMEs to review/revise courses and/or to develop new courses.
Learning Management System (LMS)
- Develop and produce multi-media computer-based eLearning courses that are SCORM compliant, have a high level of interaction, and utilize appropriate animation. Develop course components and learning aids such as course FAQs, course outlines, course surveys and practice modules to support effective learning and online course navigation.
- Edit and revise established webinar and online courses to incorporate relevant and current content and technology.
- Utilize course design and production software and program agent that provides voiceovers for courses.
- Manage Society’s asynchronous content utilizing LMS to ensure functionality and ease of operation to users and troubleshoot technical issues. Monitor LMS functionality and escalate issues as needed to the Director of Information Systems to resolve LMS-related issues.
- Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years instructional design experience.
- Experience developing and managing online programs with solid technical knowledge and webinar facilitation expertise.
- Experience in the administration of learning management systems - experience with TopClass a plus.
- Experience managing course development contractors a plus.
- Excellent PC skills including experience with Articulate; Lectora; Camtasia; Captivate: Word; Excel; PowerPoint; Access; and Acrobat.
- Some knowledge of curriculum and course evaluation.
- Experience working with national and international senior executives, regulators and volunteers. Experience in developing programs for international audiences a plus.
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong customer orientation and project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects to completion within budget and time frame.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to work both independently and synergistically within the team and across departments.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel as required.
To apply, please email resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com