Instructional Designer I
The Center for Educational Technologies
College of Veterinary Medicine & Biomedical Sciences
Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas
On Site, Full Time Position
The primary responsibility of this position will be to provide instructional design expertise in the development of multi-media educational resources in support of animal and plant agriculture.
The specific job duties are described below:
- Work closely with subject matter experts and/or course faculty to design educational materials. This includes working with a team of multi-disciplinary subject matter experts to author content, assisting experts with defining course goals and learning objectives and designing a variety of instructional activities including online, face-to-face, and blended learning.
- Work with subject matter experts and/or course faculty to create appropriate formative assessments to provide learner feedback and summative assessments to measure learning outcomes.
- Work closely with colleagues at the Center for Educational Technologies to develop imaginative course activities and learning resources (e.g. web-based case studies with web-based learning activities, instructional videos, interactive face-to-face exercises) that allow learners to achieve the course goals and demonstrate mastery of the learning objectives.
- Follow established project management processes and coordinate activities closely with other members of the team to ensure products are delivered on time, on budget, and fully meet the clients’ needs.
- Represent the interests of the Center for Educational Technologies through professional communications (e.g. lead meetings, oral presentations, written reports) with a variety of internal and external constituents.
- Conduct and publish educational studies to demonstrate the impact of educational programs.
- Assist the director in securing extramural funding to meet the annual operating budget.
For more information and to apply go to https://jobpath.tamu.edu/postings/116434