Instructional Designer I
Orbis Education, Indianapolis, IN
On Site, Full Time Position
Transforming Online Education
Do you want to join a fast growing, competitive, and innovative company helping people change lives? Join the team at our corporate office in Carmel, IN as an Instructional Designer I. Just minutes from Clay Terrace and Keystone at the Crossing! Bring your tech knowledge and creativity and join the fun!
Orbis is changing the face of healthcare education. Established in 2003, we are now the nation's leading third-party manager of online and accelerated degree programs focused exclusively on fast-growing healthcare professions. The partnerships we create between universities and healthcare organizations help alleviate anticipated workforce shortages by providing a steady pipeline of well-educated healthcare practitioners for the future. Every Orbis team member plays a role in this process.
The E-Learning Development and Instructional Design team is afforded opportunities for creativity and innovation based on best-practices in online education. Our team is forward-thinking, adaptive, flexible, and ambitious. Orbis is solving tomorrow's healthcare workforce shortages today. We invite you to be part of the solution. Competitive benefits package!! Join our team today!!
POSITION SUMMARY: As an Instructional Designer I (ID) you will support all phases of the instructional design with Orbis Education's educational partners. You should have experience and expertise in the development of online learning that incorporates various media (e.g., audio, video, interactive learning objects, animations). You will serve as the instructional design expert for assigned educational partners. In addition, you will have the opportunity to create quality online courses and act as a project manager for the instructional design of an entire educational program. You will collaborate with the Program Director, SMEs, E-Learning Developers, and E-Learning Managers to evaluate the design and make recommendations to enhance the entire student experience.
What You Will Do:
- Partner with subject matter experts (SME) to create effective online instruction
- Build online courses using various Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Participate in faculty development for online teaching
- Project manage the instructional design process from start to finish for an educational program
What You Will Have:
- Ability to design education and training solutions with knowledge of adult learning principles
- Strong project management skills with basic data analysis and evaluation skills
- Familiarity with graphic editing tools, HTML, and eLearning authoring tools
- Master's degree in Instructional Design, Educational Technology, or Instructional Technology preferred
Why Our Instructional Designers Like It Here:
- Autonomy and ownership of tasks from start to finish
- Having a voice in department/company culture
- Work/life balance
- Working with cutting edge technology and getting to design new programs that ultimately impact students' ability to provide excellent patient care
- Creating a meaningful experience for the student
- Opportunities for growth
For more information and to apply go to: https://orbiseducation.com/join-our-team/job-openings/?gnk=job&gni=8a788...