Instructional Designer III
Texas A&M University-Kingsville, Kingsville, Texas
On Site, Full Time Position
The Instructional Designer III, under general supervision, leads the development and support for the classroom, hybrid or online courses. Leads and manages the development of training for faculty and/or staff in areas of instructional design, andragogy, and best practices. Manages and leads project work.
- Collaborates with instructors and subject matter experts (SMEs) to design and develop online, blended, and web-enhanced courses.
- Consults and leads faculty and/or staff with instructional design.
- Manages course design and development projects. Administers and maintains online development courses/resources.
- Oversees and manages the planning and coordinating materials with course instructor, instructional design team, and multimedia team.
- Leads faculty and /or staff through the design process and makes key recommendations for design. Researches, reviews, and recommends software, multimedia applications, and web- based educational technologies.
- Identifies and recommends the use of instructional strategies, technologies, and applications. Researches and reviews emerging instructional design innovations and trends.
- Designs online modules. Leads and manages the course review process.
- Plans, develops, and provides guidance for faculty and/or staff on instructional strategies and course design.
- Performs usability studies and creates reports.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (Master's degree preferred) in applicable field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Four years of related experience in instructional design.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications. Knowledge of online course design principles and practices. Knowledge of Learning Management Systems and instructional technologies.
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others. Ability to present information clearly and concisely.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
For more information and to apply go to: https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUK_External/job/Kingsville-...