Instructional Designer, Online Education
Yale University, School of Public Health, New Haven, CT
On Site, Part Time Position
Apply directly through Yale's employment management system STARS via the link below. When applying, please submit as an attachment a cover letter and an example of at least one course development project, describing the scope of the project(s) and the role you played. If applicable, please include links and/or screenshots.
Reporting to the Director of Online and Certificate Education, and working closely with the Senior Advisor to the Dean and the Online Program Administrator, the Instructional Designer will play a central role in advancing the YSPH mission to be a leader in online public health education, including a planned new online degree. This position will support and collaborate with faculty to accomplish teaching and learning objectives, using a consultative approach to identify and implement innovative solutions to teaching and learning. The Instructional Designer will help support all facets of new and existing online initiatives at the School through her/his instructional design skills, passion for excellence, teamwork, and enthusiasm for teaching and learning.
Responsibilities will include:
- Acts as a project leader for the instructional design process for new online projects at YSPH .
- Identifies and suggests pedagogic and technological approaches for new online programs.
- Thinks critically about workflow and practice, and identifies creative solutions for process improvements.
- Develops and provides training on the usage of instructional technologies, and other software and hardware, to support online learning at YSPH.
- Collaborates with faculty and the online education team at YSPH to design courses and/or specific course elements that effectively support a broad audience of adult, part-time students with wide breadth of academic and technology backgrounds, significant time constraints, and demanding learning goals.
- Knowledge of online learning best practices, adult education, and principals of effective course design.
- Knowledge of and comfort with learning management systems, digital collaboration and other learning technology tools.
- Familiarity with Learning Management Systems such as Canvas and graphic design software such as InDesign.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with a strong sense of teamwork.
- Ability to maintain the highest possible degree of service and responsiveness to foster satisfaction among online program stakeholders.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
Master’s in Education, Instructional Design, Online Education or related field. Content knowledge of public health a plus. Excellent writing and oral communication skills. Ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to shifting priorities accordingly. Detail oriented with strong planning and organizational skills.
Compensation Grade: Administration & Operations
Compensation Grade Profile: Supervisor; Senior Associate (P5)
Time Type: Part time: 20 hours/week, benefits-eligible
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Affirmative Action Statement:
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protects people from sex discrimination in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial assistance. Questions regarding Title IX may be referred to the University’s Title IX Coordinator, at TitleIX@yale.edu, or to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 8th Floor, Five Post Office Square, Boston MA 02109-3921. Telephone: 617.289.0111, Fax: 617.289.0150, TDD: 800.877.8339, or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Yale University is a tobacco-free campus
Please apply through Yale hiring system via this link: http://bit.ly/YaleCareers-56351BR