Instructional Development Specialist
Illinois State University, Normal, IL
On Site, Full Time Position
$20.29 - $26.38 per hour
The Department of Mathematics at Illinois State University seeks an experienced Instructional Designer to support the development of a fully online Actuarial Science program. The successful candidate will work with subject matter experts to design or adapt coursework for online learning. We seek to create a program that will provide students with a high-quality experience while preparing them to be leaders in the field of actuarial science.
- a. Master's degree in education, educational psychology, instructional design and development, educational technology, or the humanities (such as history, political science, literature, journalism, communications, or philosophy) and Six (6) months of experience which included any of the following areas: professional writing or editing, audiovisual design and/or production, design and/or production of evaluation tools, education programming, curriculum development, or classroom teaching.
- b. Bachelor's degree in education, educational psychology, instructional design and development, educational technology, or the humanities and Eighteen (18) months of experience which included any of the following areas: professional writing or editing, audiovisual design and/or production, design and/or production of evaluation tools, education programming, curriculum development, or classroom teaching.
- Six (6) months of instructional development and design experience, which included experience with online teaching and learning.
- Quality Matters certification
If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, then employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
- Master's degree in instructional design and development or educational technology
- Experience teaching online at the post-secondary level
- Subject matter expertise (mathematics, actuarial science)
- Experience in instructional design at post-secondary level
- Experience working with Sakai or similar learning management system
- Experience with Zoom online conferencing software
- Experience serving on one or more formal Quality Matters© Review Team(s)
- Two to four years of experience in instructional design
- Experience developing courses in a variety of modalities
- Experience developing high-quality courses in one or more learning management systems
- Quality Matters© Peer Reviewer Certification
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Cloud products
- Knowledge of streaming audio and video, file types and formats, and experience with online conferencing software
- Ability to work independently and with others on a variety of simultaneous projects
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional project management skill
- Quality Matters certification
Posting date 09-27-2019
Closing date 10-13-2019
For more information and to apply go to: All applications must be submitted online: https://www.jobs.ilstu.edu/applicants/jsp/shared/position/JobDetails_css...