GEICO, Chevy Chase, MD
On Site, Full Time Position
Would you like to be part of our innovative team? If so, read on!
GEICO’s Management Academy is looking for a talented Instructional Strategist.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
This is an exciting opportunity for you to get in on the ground floor of creating a robust curriculum and developmental offerings to ensure that GEICO leaders reach mastery in their current role and are prepared to take on greater responsibility. In this role, you will be responsible for working with various levels of management to determine training needs, design and implement learning solutions.
The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable about the science of adult learning, have deep experience with management/strategic level curriculum design and methodologies that drive learning of complex management topics and scale to a large organization. He/she will have excellent facilitation skills appropriate to all levels of management, and have participated in developing successful custom leadership development programs, taking into account specific cultural and leadership needs.
- Serve as the strategic learning development leader for how we best meet leadership and management development needs
- Work with subject-matter experts and senior management to identify needs, establish learning objectives, create project plans and drive the process through successful implementation
- Use design thinking and the design and development process to develop detailed project plans, including timelines and deliverables, as well as the resources required to complete each project or assignment to ensure quality and alignment
- Manage the day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of multiple projects, including scope/issue/risk management and cross-functional team engagement
- Serve as a subject-matter expert on specific educational content, issues, trends, and organizations as appropriate
- Keep current with trends, best practices, new technologies, and emerging innovations in the learning and development sphere and implement solutions that develop talent
Ready to make an impact? If so, do you meet these qualifications?
- BS/BA degree in instructional design, education technology or similar
- Certification in Instructional Design a plus
- Minimum of 3-5 years developing successful and multi-faceted management & leadership development programs
- Superior written/oral communication skills, visual graphic design, creative talent and effective presentation, and facilitation skills. Ability to clearly communicate complex instructions to audiences of varying skill levels
- Ability to work in a rapidly-changing environment with a high degree of autonomy
- Strong knowledge of instructional design and demonstrated understanding of best in class adult learning techniques
- Strong time management and planning skills, organizational skills, and analytical skills. Strong systems thinking & design/model building skills
- Ability to build strong internal partnerships and to work collaboratively across business units and project teams and to work independently
Salary Information: Salary commensurate with experience
Must be willing and able to commute or relocate. This position is located in our Chevy Chase, MD office.
For more information and to apply go to: https://geico.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/instructional-strategist-7801