University of South Florida, Sarasota-Manatee, Sarasota, Florida
On Site, Full Time Position
POSITION SUMMARY: The primary purpose of this position is to design, develop, and produce multimedia projects for the USFSM E-learning department. This position will apply expertise in communications, technology, and instructional design across a range of media formats and platforms to produce online courses, packaged program content, presentations, and/or marketing information. This position will assist in evaluating course to ensure the quality, accuracy, and effectiveness of online courses offered at USF are within the context of Quality Matters and University policies.
- Consult and collaborate with faculty instructors to analyze courses and incorporate best practices for online learning during development or redesign for the online environment.
- Create, edit, and package multimedia and interactive learning objects to meet course objectives in collaboration with faculty instructors.
- Assist faculty instructors in preparation for course quality peer review process through design, support, training, and internal course review.
- Develop, coordinate, and conduct professional development workshops for faculty instructors on technology specific and instructional design topics in online learning.
- Evaluate functionality and accessibility of media and content delivery tools within the learning management system on a variety of devices, browsers, and operating systems.
- Conduct research to remain fluent and knowledgeable in best practices, strategies, tools, and current topics in online learning.
- Maintain department web presence and communication through webpages, blog, department documents, listserv, emails, training calendars, and registration forms.
- MINIMUM: This position requires a Bachelor's degree in education, technical writing, digital media, or related field with two years of experience in related positions. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
- PREFERRED: Master's Degree in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Education Technology, or related academic discipline and 3-5 years of higher education experience.
For more information and to apply go to: https://gems.fastmail.usf.edu:4440/psp/gemspro-tam/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_H...