Learning & Development Consultant - Experienced Associate
PwC, Kansas City, MO or Chicago, IL
On Site, Full Time Position
A career within Assurance Support services, will provide the opportunity to support our engagement teams and clients by providing advice and counsel on accounting, financial reporting, and strategic business issues. In joining, you’ll help ensure a complete and relevant exchange of information among our consultants and in turn with engagement teams and clients, provide experts advice on a variety of specific topics, support engagement teams in resolving complex issues, and supporting clients and their subsidiaries in evaluating the potential impact of accounting and reporting standard setting initiatives. You’ll develop strong relationships with our engagement teams and established audit clients and enhance our ability to meet greater investor expectations with the challenges of an increasingly complex business environment.
As an Associate, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Proactively assist the team in various aspects of the project
- Prepare deliverables
- Contribute to the development of your own and team’s technical acumen
- Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
- Ensure you are adhering to compliance matters
- Work on developing internal relationships and your PwC brand
Join a team of learning, performance and instructional design consultants in a fast-paced dynamic environment with multiple industry external client projects where we are performing training needs analysis, skill gap assessments, working with Subject Matter Specialists and designing and developing learning strategies and solutions.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
- Basic Qualifications:
- Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor Degree
- Minimum Years of Experience: 1 year(s) of experience working as an instructional designer and/or learning consultant.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Degree Preferred: Master Degree
- Degrees preferred: Instructional Design, Instructional Systems, Adult Education, or Industrial Organizational Psychology.
- Preferred Knowledge/Skills:
- Demonstrates some knowledge and/or a proven record of success in learning consulting, instructional design, adult learning theory and problem-based learning approaches in the following areas:
- Working in a business environment in the public or private sector;
- Interacting with clients regularly to understand the client’s goals and intended business outcome and determine the industry leading instructional approach to meet their needs;
- Conducting stakeholder meetings to obtain information used in analysis and preparation of reports with recommendations and related learning strategy;
- Conducting design workshops with Subject Matter Specialists to create blueprint for learning solution;
- Understanding and experience with eLearning self-study, on-site (instructor-led) training design, and project management;
- Researching, brainstorming, creating classroom, mobile learning design to exceed client needs;
- Explaining complex information in simple visual ways;
- Demonstrating experience with learning/gaming design;
- Applying formal instructional design principles to assess, design, and develop learning solution objectives;
- Working knowledge of tools such as Articulate, Lectora and other authoring tools;
- Designing and developing training in all modalities;
- Understanding of human performance and learning strategy development including learning technology, curriculum/competency mapping, front-end analysis, learning evaluation;
- Troubleshooting virtual classroom events in Live Meeting, WebEx sessions, webcasts and video conferences;
- Providing on-site event support or implementation experience, a plus;
- Possessing experience with Microsoft Office suite to create deliverables, including Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio and Word;
- Understanding of Bloom’s taxonomy levels, National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) Continuing Professional Education (CPE) compliance rules for on-site (instructor-led) training, eLearning self-studies, webcasts, rules applicable to their Quality Assurance Standards (QAS); and,
- Leveraging experience using the Agile/ADDIE method.
- Demonstrates some abilities and/or a proven record of success in learning consulting, instructional design, adult learning theory and problem-based learning approaches in the following areas:
- Building new relationships with internal and external clients and Subject Matter Specialists;
- Writing, communicating, facilitating, and presenting cogently to all levels of internal and external audiences with an attention toward business grammar;
- Working on the simultaneous creation and execution of multiple complex content development projects;
- Demonstrating the ability to manage competing/shifting priorities and multiple projects while still meeting deadlines;
- Preparing concise, accurate, high-quality deliverables demonstrating attention to detail;
- Understanding project economics; and,
- Working well under pressure in a rapid change and fast-paced environment, preferably for a global network of professional services firms.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For more information and to apply go to: https://jobs.pwc.com/ShowJob/JobId/899101/Learning-Development-Consultan...