Mid-level Instructional Designer
Columbia University, New York, NY
On Site, Full Time Position
The Instructional Designer will manage the design and development of a portfolio primarily comprised of complex online and hybrid courses for a variety of disciplines and audiences at the School of Professional Studies.
Under the supervision of the Director of Instructional Design and mentorship of Senior Instructional Designers, the Instructional Designer will collaborate closely with faculty members and will be central to the design/development process in conjunction with media specialists, online support specialists, and educational technologists, as the team works to clearly articulate the goals, assessments, activity paths, learning objects and content for each new course.
The Instructional Designer will also identify the pedagogical best practices and supporting educational technologies needed to effectively execute the course mission. This position will oversee the end-to-end development of courses during each design cycle.
An ideal candidate for this job should:
- be interested in holding a permanent full-time position with a creative team in NYC.
- have 4+ years of instructional design experience. Experience working in higher education institutions preferred.
- hold Quality Matters (QM) certification or other Instructional design certifications.
- be comfortable with web development and building courses in learning management systems, like Canvas, Moodle, EdX, etc.
- be interested in continuous learning opportunities and growth in his/her career.
PERKS: Candidates are eligible for a flexible work arrangement (FWA) of a maximum of two telecommuting days under the Columbia University policy (HR policy here: https://humanresources.columbia.edu/content/flexible-work-arrangements). Final approval and arrangements are at the department's discretion and based on excellent performance and project management skills.
Qualified candidates should upload their cover letters and resumes directly to the job posting in the TalentLink Columbia Site: https://opportunities.columbia.edu/cw/en-us/job/503414