Quality Assurance Trainer - Patient Access - 1801367
Stony Brook Medicine, Stony Brook, NY
On Site, Full Time Position
At Stony Brook Medicine, a TH Instructional Support Specialist/Quality Assurance Trainer, Patient Access is a valuable member of our team, who will be responsible to develop employee education programs for new and current employees. The incumbent will be an expert in Instructional Design in eLearning. Additional responsibility includes quality assessment and assurance and training design which will become the basis of training development and execution. Training will be developed using various media ie; Visio, Power Point, Adobe Captivate, and other training modes. Incumbent must become proficient in all aspects of Patient Access Department positions.
Duties of a TH Instructional Support Assistant/Quality Assurance Trainer may include the following but are not limited to:
- Utilizes tools to review and analyze registration data for content and accuracy. Assist in the development, monitoring, analysis of quality reports and related materials addressing the registration process, cash collection process, scheduling and the financial investigation product produced. Identify, qualify and address problems in current process. Calculate a daily percentage of the employee’s work by volume. Corrects errors in the system and forwards to the Training and QA Manager for follow-up and correction. Reporting shall include a daily, weekly and monthly summary which includes the percentage of errors.
- Provide support to the Training and QA Manager with development and implementation of initiatives to improve and enhance performance and services. Responsible for the result reporting of ongoing analysis and continuous quality improvement activities. Through various analytic and finance based statistical tools, supports the revenue cycle and the departments financial goals.
- Responsible for both live and eLearning, develops media and lesson plans using Visio, Power Point, Office Mix, Adobe Captivate, Apps, electronic tools and other training modes. Trains all areas and aspects in Patient Access Services Department staff including registrations, cashiering, financial investigations, scheduling, assignment of MRN and insurance verifications, etc.
- Completes other special projects or assignments as assigned when modifications or adjustments are made to statistical reporting, audit criteria, policies and procedures, and training. Participates in ongoing review and modification of department policies and procedures.
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree plus two years’ experience in teaching specifically an expert in Instructional Design in eLearning, corporate education in an administrative setting or five years’ experience in QA Assessment / Corporate Training or related medical/hospital setting. Demonstrates expertise with electronic instructional design, syllabus and lesson plans, and experience within electronic modalities. Modalities to include programs such as Adobe Captivate, Adobe Acrobat Pro, webinar instruction. Design electronic modalities and demonstrate curriculum writing.
- Preferred: Prefer teaching and corporate training experience with two years’ experience with proven demonstrated facility. Demonstrated experience with Design in eLearning module building and Instructional Design.
Special Note: This position may require that you work in the hospital and / or off site areas. Stony Brook Medicine is a smoke free environment. Smoking is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises.
All Hospital positions are subject to changes in pass days and shifts as necessary. This position may require the wearing of respiratory protection, which may prohibit the wearing of facial hair.
For more information and to apply go to: https://stonybrooku.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=1801367&...