Sr. Instructional Designer
Amazon, Medford, MA
On Site, Full Time Position
Are you interested in changing the world using Amazon Alexa? We’re building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon's innovative voice service and other Amazon products and services. We’re working hard, having fun, and making history; come join us!
Are you passionate about the customer experience? Do you like to create high impact training curriculum? Alexa Data Services (ADS) is an organization on track to grow, and we are looking for innovative learning professionals to design engaging training curriculum for our frontline data associates to expertly transcribe, annotate, and evaluate data to continuously improve the Alexa experience. The Instructional Designer will create and continuously improve learning programs using an array of creative approaches that inspire learners and drive productivity and accuracy.
The ADS Business Excellence (BEx) Quality & Training team is responsible for driving high quality training content for ADS data associates located across the globe. This includes creating engaging process and tool content, including instructor led training, eLearning and self-paced learning, virtual classroom design, building tool kits and study guides, and performance support aids for all ADS global sites.
- Work with project managers, subject matter experts (SMEs), and other key stakeholders to identify content areas for course development, design overall program model and define deliverables against required timelines
- Conducts stakeholder and SME interviews to determine, recommend and document project instructional standards, learner engagement strategies and evaluation plan
- Designs and develops course content included but not limited to measurable learning objectives, scenarios, simulations, progress checks, performance evaluations, reference glossaries, and knowledge assessments
- Design and develop appropriate testing and assessments
- Utilizes ADDIE, SAM, Kirkpatrick and other recognized models to rapidly design, develop and publish engaging course content and learning activities for ILT, online and virtual modalities with continuous evaluation/improvement cycles for the course content
- Revise and rewrite course content based on data illustrating ROI or efficacy of training modules
- Upload, test and maintain content to an LMS
- May coach and mentor less experienced staff
- May manage contractors on larger projects
- International travel may be required up to 10%
- Relevant experience in an instructional design role, minimum 5+ years
- Demonstrated experience designing and developing training materials in all modalities, including ILT, e-learning, video
- Experience collaborating with global stakeholders, SMEs, front-line managers and front-line employees
- Experience explaining complex topics to a novice audience
- Demonstrated working knowledge of eLearning development tools such as Captivate, Articulate Studio/Storyline, Camtasia, GoAnimate, Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator, or Flash
- Experience with coordination and organization for global initiatives
- Demonstrated use of multiple learning methods and linking appropriate methods with learners and outcomes
- Demonstrated adult learning implementation and experience driving performance through impactful training
- Demonstrated proficiency in assessing training effectiveness and ROI to stakeholders and leaders
- A work sample demonstrating your experience and skill using course authoring tools and ID theory will be required as part of the hiring process
- Experience with internationalization and localization
- Experience in instructional design within related field (big data, speech and language data, etc.) a plus
- Industry certifications in instructional design, curriculum development, performance improvement, project management, and gamification as appropriate
- Experience creating technical/tool training for systems-based learning
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
For more information and to apply go to: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/jobs/876950/sr-instructional-designer