Virtual Learning Manager
Alliance for a Healthier Generation
Remote, Full Time Position
For more than a decade, the Alliance for a Healthier Generation has worked to empower kids to develop lifelong, healthy habits, by ensuring the environments that surround them provide and promote good health. The Alliance, founded by the American Heart Association and Clinton Foundation, operates as an independent 501c3 non-profit organization guided by its own Board of Directors. As one of the nation’s largest children’s health organizations focusing on combating childhood obesity, the Alliance utilizes the best available scientific evidence of programs, policies and practices that positively impact healthy eating and physical activity behaviors among youth. The Alliance’s current work directly impacts more than 25 million children, with a focus on low-income and minority populations who are at increased risk for poor health, obesity and other diseases. To learn more and join the movement, visit www.HealthierGeneration.org.
It is the goal of the Alliance to fill employment vacancies with the most qualified applicants, whether recruiting internally or externally. Strong consideration will be given to qualified internal candidates. All internal and external candidates must comply with application requirements.
The Virtual Learning Manager manage and oversees all aspects of Healthier Generation’s virtual training strategy and will have full responsibility for creating, promoting and coordinating the delivery of Healthier Generation’s virtual training portfolio. S/he will be accountable for providing project management leadership in developing, marketing, delivering, and evaluating all online professional development content for Healthier Generation’s live virtual events, on demand eLearnings, recorded audio and video content, curricula, and learning aids. In addition, this position will work with internal and external stakeholders to analyze training needs, train staff on virtual learning design and delivery best practices, develop and implement quality assurance processes, define measures of success, and coordinate the collection and review of virtual learning datasets that inform member engagement strategies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the development and execution of Healthier Generation’s overall strategy in delivering high quality professional development through online learning modalities, including calls-to-action that align with grant deliverables
- Assess and prioritize organizational and stakeholder needs to design and deliver an array of effective and targeted virtual learning opportunities, including but not limited to: live virtual trainings, on-demand trainings, webinars, virtual conferences, tutorials and online courses.
- Plan, implement and manage the virtual training development process including instructional design and quality product design review and assurance, ensuring instruction design reflects an understanding of the diversity of learners and groups of learners and using a portfolio of delivery platforms to encourage active participation and learner engagement.
- Work within Healthier Generations style guidelines to produce high-quality virtual training products reflective of the Healthier Generation brand.
- Partner with other departments to support staff professional development relating to best practices in virtual training design and facilitation.
- Implement instructional strategies to remain competitive in the delivery of virtual training and remain aware of all emerging instructional technologies; work with the Technology Team to research and recommend emerging technologies and their application to teaching and learning.
- Build, promote and maintain relationships with distance learning organizations, universities and colleges, and other professional organizations across the nation to broaden virtual professional development opportunities that foster programmatic engagement.
- Collaborate with internal teams to develop, execute and maintain promotional strategies and a system of measurement on usage, efficacy and impact of online learning opportunities.
- Provide technical assistance through all aspects of the learning experience: instructor-led, blended, technical, etc.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in instructional systems design; utilize technology tools to increase the capacity of Healthier Generation to design and deliver high quality virtual professional development.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proven ability to project manage a training creation from beginning to end using ADDIE model.
- Knowledge of and successful application of adult learning theories and emerging trends in the industry
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills to establish and maintain good working relationships with colleagues and external stakeholders
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Strong consulting skills with the ability to interact with internal/external stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a virtual team environment
- Ability to be an innovative thinker and problem-solver in a fast paced, ever changing environment
- Possess administrator level experience managing all aspects of a Learning Management System
- Proficient in hosting and providing technical assistance for web-based meeting and conferencing platforms such as WebEx
- Expertise in creating on demand training modules using Articulate Storyline 2 (or similar authoring tools.)
- Proven ability to manage and analyze data to inform virtual learning strategy and communicate data to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to create and communicate a strategic virtual learning plan to all levels of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated expertise of MS PowerPoint skills.
Travel 10-20% of the time within the United States
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least five years of experience in learning and development required, including virtual platform training and eLearning best practices and principles; certification in adult learning preferred.
- Experience in working with instructional technology, distributed learning solutions, and administering learning management systems.
- Demonstrated administrator experience with Cornerstone OnDemand (or similar learning platform) required.
- Demonstrated experience with Articulate Storyline 2 (or similar authoring tools) required.
- Proven experience in delivering and administering virtual training through WebEx or other best-in-class online learning platforms.
- Experience with multiple eLearning software applications.
- Experience applying design best practices and principles. Prior experience with Adobe CS preferred.
- Experience in classroom and online delivery of content that engages learners, meets learning objectives, and embraces teachable moments.
- Extensive project management and virtual operations experience.
- Experience gathering, tracking, and analyzing data sets for strategic planning purposes.
This job description is subject to change at any time.
The Alliance for a Healthier Generation is proud to provide Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For more information and to apply go to: https://healthiergenerationtraining.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.a...